What's Popular?

Sunday 29 March 2015

Gosh Prime'N'Set*- What's the verdict?

Hello gorgeous people. So I've tried and tested Gosh 'holy grail' Prime'N'Set powder over the past few weeks since the launch/previews which I attended. You can read about the day here.

With the goodies I received the first thing I wanted to review was this translucent, velvet touch powder, which can be used as a primer before applying eye make up and highlighters and also as a setting powder. 


I was going to use the powder as a primer for one week and then just as a setting powder but I decided to do this on two separate occasions to see what the difference was using it for only one type of application and not both. 

Primer
As just a primer it was good. My eye make needed to be touched up once, but it was from fall out on my crease as the shadow I used wasn't from one of my main palettes. Shadow problems..

Setting Powder
As a setting powder it was great. I have a small bottle of setting spray from Mac that I ran out of and another setting powder from an old Rimmel range that I think was discontinued after a while. I usually just used compact powders as a sort of 'setting' powder for college days and days I won't have my make up on long.

Verdict
Long story short, this product worked best together. As using them separately they did do the job, but the best result was when I used the powder as a primer and a setting powder. 
I only applied this as a primer to my under eyes, eyelids, brow bone and bridge of my nose and used my usual liquid primer for the base of my face.

Pros
It's has a mattifying texture, which is a plus because I love all things matte.
There's no fallout from the brush which I usually find with powders but even wearing a black overall I had no powder fallout after applying. 
It's light weight and doesn't feel like you're clogging up your pores with layers of make up. 
My make up for a day and night out, roughly 14 hours on the go, lasted all day with no touch up needed, only for my lipstick of course. 
It's great quality for such a low price.

Cons
The packaging is a bit finicky, having to screw the lid around is tricky when in a rush. 

Overall it's a strong 8 out of 10. 

Gosh Prime'N'Set is available in all Superdrug stores and also online. 
Superdrug also have a buy 1 get the second item half price on Gosh products at the moment which you can find here. 

Lots of love,
Melody.


If you have any questions or queries on any information given
in the post above please contact me on one of the social media links below.




No comments:

Post a Comment