What's Popular?

Thursday 28 May 2015

The Irish Beauty Blog Awards 2015


Hello lovelies, Thursday night was crazy and such an experience and of course, like all events and things I do, I want to share it all with you guys. Unfortunately my blogger didn't upload this on Monday and I was so busy with Graduation I didn't even realise so finally, here we go.

Over the past few weeks I found out I was originally long-listed for Best New Blog in the Irish Beauty Blog Awards 2015. Then the week prior to the awards I was informed I was short-listed!

The awards were on Thursday just gone, the 21st of May. I was contacted by the wonderful organiser Lisa who informed me of the short-list nomination and gave me the details.

First off I want to say a massive thank you to everyone who voted for me in the run up to the long-list and to the judges who seen something in my baby blog as I like to call it. It was a surreal experience and one I was highly humbled to be a part of. Being short-listed has boosted my confidence in my baby blog and made me appreciate the power of the internet and how in just a short few months you can gain recognition and connect with so many people over a passion you have.

The Event

Thursday came around pretty quick and after getting ready for hours on end and meeting my wonderful date and best friend Trish, we headed to the awards.

They were held in Lillies Bordello in Dublin City Centre.

Complimentary Vodka and Cranberry on arrival

When we arrived the party was already in full swing and I met Lisa on the way in who was so welcoming and handed us our goodie bags and gave us details on the event and plan for the night, then directed us to the VIP area up the stairs where we remained for the night.

There was finger food, cupcakes from Jen's Couture Cakes, which were to die for, and we got a free drink and amazing service from the staff of Lillies, so prop's up to the staff who were probably a little overwhelmed at such a big event.

TanOrganic Cupakes made by Jen's Couture Cakes...Amazing!


My favourite thing about the awards was it was in aid of Breast Cancer Ireland, an amazing organisation.

After meeting up with two wonderful blogger friends of mine, Cat from Mentally Beautiful and Amy from What She Does Now and also a fellow nominee, we had a few drinks, ate some food and gossiped like all beauty lovers do.

The awards started at half nine, a half hour later than expected and went on for an hour, there was various spokespersons and lots of amazing bloggers.

Congratulations to all who won, it was well deserved to all and to all the fellow nominee's continue to be proud of your work! Everyone involved and present was hard working and deserved to be long-listed, short-listed and to win.

I didn't win my category but the wonderful 'The Beauty Inbox' did, which was amazing and I was so happy for her.

After the awards ceremony, there was a raffle which the proceeds went to Breast Cancer Ireland and then drinks and more dancing till all hours.

What I Wore


Statement Necklace*: iClothing
N/A 
Black Drape Dress: River Island
€45 
Available in store
Black/Gold heels: NewLook
€45
Available in store / online


Over all it was a wonderfully organised event and I look forward to attending future awards in support of such a hard working online community! Nominated or not, it is an event every blogger should attend, it's free and in aid of an amazing cause!

Thank you to the wonderful team behind the awards, especially Lisa who made it all happen and who was super helpful and to all the lovely new bloggers I spoke to that night who were humbling and welcoming into the wider group.

Congratulations once again to all the winners!



No comments:

Post a Comment