What's Popular?

Tuesday 20 January 2015

My Happy, Healthy and Hilarious Life!

Source

Hello Dolls, Lovelies and wonderful people of the world, that was a very positive happy start to a blog post wasn't it?
Maybe there's a reason for that!
We're well into the new year of 2015 now and the Monday blues have hit my poor mind more times then they should, actually the Monday blues have probably hit me all week long.




Over the past two weeks I've been trying to think of things to get me out of that January Jam and help towards a Funky February. Okay I'm sorry for the puns, but it's late and my mind likes to play on words.

This year I've vowed as not a resolution, but a promise to myself, to better my mind, my body, my friends circle, my work life, home life and everything I do. I know this is something I've often told myself I should do, and sometimes I'd focus on one thing, but I've decided now is the time to focus on everything.

To better myself and my mind, from worries and midweek frets I've taken five small steps that should lead to bigger outcomes with time, and I thought sharing them here, might somehow help someone somewhere across the globe!

Small Steps for a bigger and better, life!

Step One: Rid the bad vibes!

So this may seem like something an old school, bleach blonde, surfer 'dude' would say in only Hollywood movies, but no, its coming from my brain. So how do you rid those bad vibes? 

Focus on something that makes you happy. It doesn't have to be this big colourful spectacular. All you need to do is focus!
For example, I've started to focus on my writing more. Writing makes me happy, and with writing comes staring at a black and white screen sometimes, but it's what I focus on. When I stress, I write, when I'm happy, I write, it's something I've decided to reward myself with, no matter how I'm feeling. So maybe your focus is video games with friends, or drawing, or dancing around your room to old 80's songs and singing into a hairbrush?

no matter what your focus is, as long as it makes you happy in some way, then it's perfectly okay to me!

Step Two: Find comedy in everything!

I don't know if it's just my personality blossoming or I'm on the verge of a mental breakdown, but no matter what I've done in life, I always seem to find some hilarious pun in it! I could be standing in line at Starbucks, or doing a bit of retail therapy and I would find myself laughing at a products name or Witty advertising! I just seem to laugh, and yes sometimes I have to force myself to find the humour but guys, just laugh, even if you think laughing at a billboard with a funny advertisement in public is weird, or that text messaged you received from a friend is slowly breaking your funny bones to pieces, just laugh!

Nobody is going to remember you as the guy/girl who laughed on the bus, you'll probably never see them again! So if you find something funny, as long as it's not insulting or hurtful to another person, then just laugh!

Step Three: Days off!

Work, college, school, home life, everything turns into stress, especially once a new year hits! You get the annual Christmas bills and the assignments begin to pile up, but it's not the end of the world.

This is something I'm trying to still teach myself now, to take a day off. I take breaks throughout the day, but sometimes when I'm really into an assignment I forget to break and breathe and end up panicking, and I'm a complete ball of stress 90% of the time. So guys, please remember, and remind your friends or family to take a day off, stay in bed, watch as many hours of Netflix as you want, play some video games, stay up late, go out with friends, and enjoy life!
One day off out of 365 days in a year isn't going to kill us!
We must all remember to take a day off!

Step Four: Music!

This may be very cliché but music really does help, it's what many people use to calm down and I am one of those people. Recently my music taste has evolved beyond boy bands and pop chart hits and I've found solitude in the slowest, creepiest and weirdest songs if I really think about it, but it's those songs I find myself clicking to at night time before bed, when I take a quick breather from life and relax. Whatever your music taste is, take ten or fifteen minutes out of the day to just lay on your bed or couch, put in your earphones, relax and listen to the music.
I listen to music for most of my day, but it's background music for when I'm on the bus or walking, I'm still doing something. So my advice is to take ten to fifteen minutes, maybe before bed and really relax and really listen.

Step Five: Have someone!

This step might be a bit confusing, or misleading but it's the easiest step of them all. To focus on one person, when you're happy, sad, or you don't know what you feel, it's good to have somebody.
I know sometimes people don't want to talk about problems and feel as though they have nobody, but with the powers of the Internet, you can connect with someone who feels the same, I've seen it happen numerous times through Tumblr and I think it's a wonderful thing. I have one solid person I go to when I'm happy, sad, or confused. I don't necessarily talk about my problems, I just drop them a text and enjoy the conversation because I know in about five minutes I will be laughing away and forgetting my problems for a few seconds.

So please, whoever you are, have someone. A friend, a family member or an Internet friend (but be careful of the Internet guys and the info you give out!). Just make sure you have somebody who you can just talk to and chill with and live life with. Everyone has got stuff to deal with, but having someone to just have a normal conversation with can help!

There you have it, five steps I'm focusing on at the moment to help better myself, I have a few more aimed more at the body but I thought what's most important is your mentality!

Until next time,
Stay Fab!
Melody x

2 comments:

  1. Ah, music! My go to for everything. Which means out of your list I have Step 4 ... I just need to find the other four! I'll get there eventually.
    Love the post Melody!
    - Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I love my music and writing, reading used to help me a lot but I now find myself getting distracted when reading!- Thank you doll! x

      Delete