What's Popular?

Thursday 7 May 2015

Becoming Cinderella


Glass slippers and sparkles seem pretty fancy and out there compared to the fashion that fills our high streets at the moment, I'm talking no black, no dark colours and no ripped jeans *sighs*, but I promise, this will be equally as glorious.

So there's no usual introduction here my lovelies, as I just really need to explain and get this wish off my chest, but as a massive Disney movie buff , (and a critical one at that) when I went to see Cinderella on the big screen in all it's real life acclaimed glory, I was sceptical. 

Now if you're one of the many who are too afraid to see the new adaptation or you just haven't got around to seeing it because of a hectic schedule, it's a movie to add to the list, and one I fell in love with. The story was the same as the classic, there was no dramatic changes that would ruin anyone's Disney filled childhood, but it was different. 

Ever since seeing the film, I've been addicted to bringing more sparkle into my life, yes I know this sounds weird and a little crazy, but the film had such wonder and sparkle, and it's something I was already obsessed with, that somehow I've found a way to bring more into it. That's not enough though, I want to embody Cinderella! 

It's crazy, but I grew my metaphorical mermaid legs at a young age (I was a very competitive and dedicated swimmer), so I have Ariel covered, so now it's time to embody another beautiful princess and the only way to do this for myself at least, is to budget. 

First up, I need the outfit, now I'm not talking that crazy overly expensive blue dress, oh no, I'm talking the budget version, that will make me feel like Cinderella at the ball. 


Left- The Skirt
I think it's better to be a little classy then overly in your face, especially in Ireland, you don't want to be walking into a dinner and look like you're actually playing the part of Cinderella in a stage production. I mean, of course I would love a Cinderella ball gown, but to avoid the strange looks and over-dressing, I'll stick to this tulle ballerina skirt, something I've had my eye on for awhile. 
It's €69.00 over at Cari's Closet for the Irish Girls and also available from ASOS worldwide for a cheaper and less 'puffy' alternative for €43.83.

Middle- The top
Sticking with the glow and glam of Cinderella, I found this beautiful versatile top from Nasty Gal for €54.66, A bit expensive I know, but inspiration of course, I'm sure there's going to be some similar versions hitting pennys/primark for the summer months.

Right- The Heels
Cinderella's glass slippers had this blue glow that beamed off them within the movie and of course the story books. So sticking with the glow, the glamour and the blue gleam, I found these cute heels from Boohoo for €34.00. 

With the outfit inspiration down, we can't forget those glowing accessories to carry all those bits and bobs around and complete the outfit. 



Left- The bag
This glitter envelope clutch is from Boohoo also and would be a perfect compliment to the perfect Cinderella outfit. It's €16.00 and beautiful.

Right- The Crown
Every Cinderella needs her crowing glory moment and instead of running around with a giant crown on your head hoping that a real life prince might mistake you for his current wife on a night out, (We wish), finish off the look with this beautiful head-dress from Boohoo for €11.00. 

There's currently cheaper versions in primark and pennys but I think the quality and shine from this beauty would compliment any outfit, let alone that Cinderella inspired look. 

Just curl or wave your locks and you'll be ready to go!


To finish any look you need the perfect make up and all you need extra to complete this look from your everyday make up is a glitter eye-liner. 

Urban Decay have some fabulous glitter liquid liners that will bounce off any look. You can simply line the lash line or use as a top coat over a metallic colour for extra intensity like the looks above. 
You can also use a basic glitter shadow that you can find anywhere but the best buys I have had over the years and pigmentation were from MAC but COLLECTION have just brought out a new 'Galactica' line with amazingly pigmented and glitter loving liner, available here and in Boots stores nationwide. 

Massive shout out to the wonderful MUA's and Gal's that completed the eye looks above! Beautiful ladies! Details on the photo's above.

Being Cinderella
Now for the aura and embodiment of Cinderella, I can't tell you how to act, but since I believe myself, that I have most of these down just to re-iterate the basic human nature and common sense, be kind to everyone you meet, if you don't like something about someone do not point it out. The best thing I heard this week is 'If someone can't fix something about their appearance in ten minutes, don't point it out'. 

So be kind lovelies, like I'm sure you all are, compliment your friends daily, spread good Karma and rock any outfit you want! Confidence is key, Cinderella gained confidence when she believed in herself and so can you!


Lot's of love,
Melody x


No comments:

Post a Comment