What's Popular?

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Fblogger Talks // Fashion, Trends and the Spring Season! - Part One


In part one of my 'Fblogger talks' mini-series , I spoke to Irish fashion bloggers Brenners Mc Goo from Brenners Mc Goo Blogger, Shona Hanlon from Sh0gbot and Christoper from Christopher-Fashion, who is based in Canada. We discussed all things fashion fails, trends, Spring/Summer and the guys gave me some top tips for this season to share with you all!

What made you start blogging?

Shona: I started blogging way back in 2010 but after I got too busy with college I ended up deleting it. I started a new one in June last year because I was unemployed and had the time to put into it but also because I just felt blogging was made for me and I'm really passionate about it. Since I started working again I had to push it aside temporarily but I'm going back to it now as I have settled into my job and I really miss it!

Brenner’s: I started blogging when I moved back home to Ireland after studying in the UK and having lived in the south of France. I noticed how many alternative shops were in the UK and the boho hippy fashion in France and decided to make it my goal to find alternative shops here in Ireland.

Christopher: I started blogging as a summer project, when I had nothing to do and I was bored. It then developed into a love for sharing my thoughts and personality with the world. 

How has your own personal styled evolved over the years?

Shona: My style has changed massively like most people I imagine! I, like a lot of people, had a teenage 'goth' phase where my hair was black and pin straight and all I wore was black. After that I was a typical barbie, everything was pink and my hair was long and blonde. As I hit 18/19 I became an alternative fan, and I pretty much made up my own style and the hair colour changed frequently too! Soon after that I started college where I was all about the rocker look with quirky and unique accessories. Now I find that I'm settling down I'm loving classier looks as I get closer to 25, but I don't think I'll ever lose my rocker edge.

Brenner’s: I have gone through so many phases, in my first two years of college, I chopped my hair up in a pixie style and wore hippy-ish clothes, then I started wearing punk/grunge clothes and now I love to wear 50's pin up and boho clothes in the summer and dark gothic clothes in the dark depressing winter.

Christopher: When I was five, all I would wear were boot cut jeans and t-shirts. At ten, it was coloured skinny jeans and high tops. Now, I prefer black skinny jeans, combat boots and cardigans, I also like coloured striped shirts and neutral pants.

What’s your worst ‘fashion fail’ or something you regret wearing?

Shona: I'm a 90s kid so the fashion fails are endless! From rip offs to diy tie dye shirts and scrunchies we were just the coolest kids around.

Brenner’s: To be honest, I don't regret any of my fashion choices throughout the years, they signify my changing, growing personality as I grew up and I love to look back on them.

Christopher: I think everything before my teen years were bad fashion years for me. I used to be obsessed with the grossest, weirdest, most disturbing outfits. Things that didn't match at all, and pants I would step on the ends of because they were too long. 

Is there anything that has been ‘in fashion’ over the past year or two that you want to see gone?

Shona: Crop tops and jumpers just need to goooo! Apart from making girls feel self-conscious if they can't wear them they just never look good.

Brenner’s: I generally don't follow trends, I just do my own thing. If I like it, I buy it. I do wish people would stop tucking their track-suits into their socks though. Maybe that's an inner city Irish thing.

Christopher: I think that bright colours, on bright colours, like neon on neons, they have to go! They were so popular in teens in 2014 here in Canada and I'm super sick of that. 

Do you have any style advice for ladies heading into Spring?

Shona: Ladies, if you don't have time to follow current fashion trends or are not sure where to begin, just relax. With spring/summer there are many fail-safe trends to choose from that you most likely already own. Florals, dresses, colours (yellows, blues, pinks) and monochrome/minimal or whites are pretty all round current picks for spring/summer.

Brenner’s: I would encourage you ladies to be fearless, don't shy away from being different. Stand out from the crowd with bold lip colours and crazy coloured hair. Embrace your individuality and smile confidently. A smile is the best accessory of all.

Christopher: I think that faded greys, yellows, and greens paired with blacks will be everything. If you haven't already purchased a pair, I think you're in need of plain black combat boots!

Stay Fab!
- Melody x



No comments:

Post a Comment