What's Popular?

Tuesday 14 October 2014

A simple guide to surviving Autumn/Winter!- Brrr!

Orange and red leaves, blankets of snow, visible breath, hot drinks and cosy jumpers, What's not to love about Autumn/Winter?! I know for people who prefer the summer months it can be hard to adjust, especially sorting out your wardrobe and with the weather, you can never tell if it's cold enough for a full ensemble of wool. So I've compiled a list of my top ten essentials for my perfect Autumn/Winter, I hope you can relate to at least one and realise you might have forgotten something in preparation for the coming months.

The Beanie!
Source: empireave.com
I know, I know, hat hair!, but at this time of year, everyone is bound to have it at least once or twice. I'd rather spend my time fixing my hair in the bathroom before college/work then dealing with the natural windswept look. I know hat's aren't everyone's cup of tea, and coming from me, the biggest beanie addict there is, I just love a good hat! You don't have to stick with the beanie though, you can go for something a little cuter and fun, like earmuffs, an animal hat, something that stands out from the crowd or even a fedora, if you're willing to risk running after it down the street after an unexpected gust of wind. Beanie's are also fashion forward, but don't worry, there is a hat out there for everyone!
Don't forget the matching scarves and gloves!

The perfect hot drink
Source: YahooImg

There's nothing like a good cup of hot chocolate as you snuggle into bed, or a nice cup of tea after work, but whatever your fancy there's something for everyone. I personally prefer hot chocolate on these cold nights but I struggled to make it just like those small café's do, until I found this recipe. It's a gem. Of course there's some changes (brand wise) but it still works perfectly fine and is super Tasty!






Jumpers Galore!
Source: Googleimg
My favourite thing about this time of year is the jumpers (right after the beanie's of course). 
There is nothing better then the feeling of getting into a baggy jumper, pairing it with a pair of jeans and boots and feeling casual chic all day long. A jumper can add to an outfit straight away, so you best pick the right one. I tend to shop from Boohoo and New Look for jumper season. 








Coats, Coats and more Coats!
Source: imgfave.com
Okay so everyone needs a coat, FACT! Even if it's running from your car to the office, but you don't need any coat, this time of year you need The Coat. You don't have to go all out and spend hundreds of euro, but splurging even a little bit will give you decent material and keep you dry and warm! It's all about the quality, you want something that can go with everything, dress up, dress down and especially snow ready, just in case. I'm keeping my eye on boohoo and Missguided at the moment, I just need to find the courage to dedicate myself to just one coat this year. Also don't forget, putting in a bit of money in now, means your coat could last you a couple of years too. *Savings Alert*




A good book.
Source: reading-quotes.tumblr.com
Even if you aren't the reading type you can still dedicate a few months to even one good book, it could be the shortest book in the world, but reading on a cold day, on the bus or at home, there's nothing like it. I feel like I'm accomplishing something when I'm out in the cold, sitting waiting for the bus and I have a book that's not only romantic (yes I'm one of them), but also funny. Why not try one of these!





The Playlist
source: lovethispic.com

For the non-book readers and everyone basically, everyone listens to music at some point right?
So you need, yes NEED, the perfect playlist, Switch from those beach pop songs to something more relaxing and sombre for the colder months. I'm addicted to this song and it's perfect for the winter months. 







TV Empire!
Source: Sodehead.com
The A/W months are known as the comeback months, because nearly every TV series starts back. No complaints here though, I'm a complete TV junkie, from drama to reality to horror, I love anything and everything! Netflix is basically my number one search all year round. But if you're looking for some shows that will keep you occupied for weeks on end then maybe give some of these a go! You could so catch up in time for the newest season.


Boots!
Source: inntrending.com

There is no other way to explain my love for boots than a simple squeal!. Okay, lets get serious for a minute. A good pair of solid boots for winter is essential, you need something that can withstand rain, snow and stay fashionable over the weeks. If you haven't already got a trusty pair or you need some spicing up have a look here, here, and here, and maybe you'll find something that'll last years!





Friends!
Source: Shopghost.com
Yes, nothing materialistic this time. Friends! There is nothing like lying on the couch in your one piece with blankets, hot chocolate, a takeaway, the TV on and being surrounded by your friends. If there's one thing you need, this may be the number one, and what completes a good friends get together? A good film. If you haven't seen these already (or even if you have), they are perfect for this time of year. 





Fresh Faced and Ready!
Source: whyofffashion.com

During this time of year your skin is going to get attacked, that's inevitable, but with the right TLC, it can be pore-perfect and ready for all the Halloween and Christmas parties over the next two seasons!

For tips on how to keep your face looking fresh and blemish free click here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment