What's Popular?

Wednesday 13 May 2015

My Hair Care Diary!- A typical day


Hello lovelies, recently I've been getting into my hair care routine again, something I was really into when growing my hair out, and after letting my hair grow and dying it to a colour I love. I've been styling it a lot more which means I need to keep it in good condition especially since I have ombre. If you haven't guessed, blonde is a very hard colour to achieve without any sort of damage.
I decided to write up, in order of use, a typical day in my hair care routine and share my favourite products, prices and any tips I may have. 


Herbal Essence Shampoo and Condition (DUO)



I've gone through many duo's and I could just never find a balance but once I gave in to the neurotic overly sexual and photo-shopped advertisement with Nicole, I decided to give in and buy the duo. 

If you're looking for something to help with split ends and especially if you're trying to grow out your hair, I would recommended this duo. Not only does it give a hi-shine (nothing like Nicole's), but it also smooths the hair, de-frizzes and helps repair. 



Available in Dunnes Stores, Tesco's and Boots nationwide.

Tips
 When in the shower (TMI, I KNOW), I wash my hair with the shampoo first. Basically, I lather till my heads practically a bubble ridden snow globe and then leave to sit for a few seconds, then I just wash out as normal. The usual shampoo routine that I'm sure everyone does. I leave my hair free of product for a minute or two and then lather the conditioner from 3/4 of the way down and I leave it sitting in my hair for five minutes tops! 

I find this helps get the product into the bottom of my hair better and the longer I leave it the smoother and more repaired my hair looks the following day. It also helps with grease, because guys you can't lie, every girl and boys hair out there is going to get greasy at some point, that's the sign you need to think about washing it maybe the day after, but don't forget the natural oils are also good for you hair.

My hair lasts up to three days without any problems but I'm in the habit of washing my hair every second day so very rarely I would leave it the three days but on the recent occasions that I have, I noticed that it was smooth and still looked clean and fresh even after curling, waves and straightening. 


TRESemme Heat Defence Spray



I've been using this product for two to three years now and it's the only heat spray that doesn't leave my hair feeling too heavy or sticky. 
It helps protect the hair when drying or straightening, which is what every heat defence spray is meant to do but often they don't live up to the hype. 


Available in Dunnes Stores, Tesco and Boots nationwide.

Tips
After towel drying my hair I spray this product all over my hair from roots to ends, I concentrate on the ends more as I want the most protect there. You don't need much, about five to six sprays should do it, I have medium length hair so if you have longer hair I recommend 10 sprays should cover roots to ends. I then massage the product into the hair and re-towel dry the hair, to get rid of extra product, it's a habit but I find it works best for myself. 

Primark Argan Oil


Argan Oil is similar to the morrocan oil within my daily shampoo and conditioner above, I use this as an 'extra guard'. I have tried many, which include elixir oils from high end brands and I found they all do the same thing, so I now use the primark version as it's cheap and does the job for me, it also lasts a long time for such a small bottle, no over spraying. 

Argan Oil €2.50

Available from Penny's/Primark nationwide.

Tips
I apply this product after re-towel drying the hair. I drop four to five drops onto the palm of my hand, rub my hands together to create a warmth and then run the product over my hair from roots to ends concentrating on the ends. Then taking an extra drop or two I apply another thin layer to the ends of my hair and leave to sit for a minute or two. This is when I'll leave my hair to air-dry and then blast the hair dryer over my hair. I'm trying to avoid the dryer, so I only use if in a rush, otherwise I'll leave to air-dry. 

With the products above my hair turns out good whether I use a styling tool like the dryer or leave to air dry, there is no residue from the products and it takes only a few minutes. 

Hope this helps some of you hair loving lovelies. 

Stay Fab, 
Melody x






No comments:

Post a Comment