What's Popular?

Sunday 17 May 2015

The Sunday Night Movie Pick'N'Mix!

Hello lovelies,
Happy Sunday, I hope you've had a wonderful weekend. Of course though, tomorrow is a new week, a new Monday and a new day full of life stresses for most. So to brighten up the last few hours of this Sunday evening, why not snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie?

I've picked my top ten Sunday night movie loves at the moment to share with you all and hopefully give you an idea of what you might watch on this fine evening! 

A Long Way Down

A comedy and drama in one, perfect for someone who loves that feeling when you think you're about to cry and then something hilarious happens and you're left laughing till you cry instead of sobbing like a baby. 

It also features some wonderful actors and actresses and a storyline that everyone can relate to in some way. 










The Seven Year Itch

Golden Globe winner, multi-nominated and complete classic all in one. One of my all time favourite movies with some of my favourite actors/actresses, and of course my favourite icon Marilyn!

If you haven't seen this classic yet, then it's one to watch!











Lets Be Cops

The perfect movie for a night in with friends or family!
It will have you laughing from start to finish, like the hangover and 21 and over in one. 

I think I cried for a solid ten minutes at one point at this movie...no shame. It was hilarious. 











21 and Over

Another hilarious movie, I think there's a theme here. This film is another movie that had me crying laughing, I may laugh at everything but it's hard for me to actually find comedy films funny, so if I laugh, it's a good one. 

Perfect for date night, just saying. 











Tangled

I had to include some Disney in the list somewhere, one of my favourites and one of the most recent famous movies after the pandemic of Frozen of course.

Fun, not just for the ladies and also quite funny. 












Divergent

I love Shailene Woodley, yes I'm a massive 'Secret life of the american teenager' fan, but when Divergent came out I just never actually got around to seeing it, till last week when I downloaded it off the Sky Store and watched it four days in a row. For those panic moments, comedy and some typical teen romance (Mr. Four is perfect eye candy) then this is the movie for you.

It was perfect for a girls night and for watching alone.









The Heat

Multi-award winner and hilariously funny. Yes I know, another comedy, but when you have those Sunday night blues you need a pick me up. Two of the greatest and funniest actresses alive bring this crazy story to life, the perfect duo!













White House Down

I feel this movie is really underrated, though at some points it can be a little unrealistic, it's glorified drama and action. Which is great when you want those bullets and explosions everywhere. 

Boys night in, girls night in, both gender's night in, any kind of night, day, date, it's an all rounder film for me. 











Stuck in Love

This film is one of my all time favourites with an amazing cast and story line. It will have you crying laughing, just crying and smiling from ear to ear at intense moments, it's like a subtle tear-jerker and I'm obsessed. 

I may just watch this tonight, a perfect way to end the week.











The Wolf of Wall Street

My all time favourite movie. I know, you're all thinking 'Why there's so much better' but I base films on how happy they make me. The story of when I first saw this film also contributes to the happy feelings every time I watch it, which is countless. 

The story involved a man obviously leaving to use the bathroom at the notorious 'GIVE ME THE PHONE' moment, (you know, when they were out of it on drugs), and I have never seen a man react to a film like ever before. Half way down the cinema stairs, he collapsed onto a step and began laughing and crying so loud that it made the entire cinema laugh louder, then his friends had to go pick him up off the floor and help him back to his seat. 

Every time I watch that part, I just can't help but laugh a little louder reminiscing that moment. 



I hope you find a movie to watch that you haven't seen before or maybe have and had forgotten about, but until next time...

Happy Watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment