What's Popular?

Saturday 1 November 2014

My October Favourites!

Last month I had been loving so many things that I thought I should share my top four picks with you all. It wasn't a thought really, I just really wanted to gush over my favourite products of the month. I hope you might read about something and give it a try and hopefully fall in love with it just like I did.

Okay, I know I'm a little late on the Cocoa Brown train, but I'm not a big tanner any more. A few years ago I would have been tanning every day, using wash on-wash off products, but Cocoa Brown wasn't around in them days, so I didn't get the chance to find my ultimate tanning product until now!
So on a whim and with my friends wise words I purchased the one hour tan. Little did I know this is where my addiction would swirl out of control. 
Since I bought my first bottle of 1 hour tan, I've re-purchased and stocked up for the coming months, so maybe I have ten bottles stashed away, maybe I don't...
This tan suits me perfectly because I'm not a big tanner. The fact that this tan only takes a few hours to develop (which means you can go about your business in the house and then simply wash off), it also lasts for up to 5 days, slowly fading and evenly too! It's a mousse which I love because it's not sticky, there's no residue and the smell isn't half bad either!

You're sensing a theme here aren't you?.. So I won't rave on for lines on lines like I did just above, but can I just say WOW!. 
As I said I'm all about my skincare at the moment and I love nothing but having a nice hot shower and ex-foliating my skin. My old exfoliator wasn't doing the job any more.
When I bought the 1 Hour Tan I decided to pick up a bottle of tough stuff, it's meant to help rid the heavy tan off your body as well and making your skin super soft and clean, and once again I'm in love!!
The smell, the colour, the way my skin feels afterwards, and the fact it helps rid those tough spots of tan, there's nothing bad I have to say about it. I've been using it for weeks now and its just become a habit to lash on some tough stuff before my shower. Its Amazing!

L'Oréal Paris Nude Magique Eau De Teint (Foundation)
I'm a self proclaimed True Match foundation lover. I have used it since it came out and have never changed. About two weeks ago I ran out of foundation and found this little gem lying in one of my make up drawers so I decided to try it out. Safe to say it's really good. At first I was sceptical, for one the bottle doesn't have a bump so you have to pour it onto the back of your hand or a make up tray. As for the product itself, I really really like it as a filler. I wouldn't use it full time as I love my true match but definitely for those light skin days or when I don't feel like wearing heavier make up. It's a light formula, feels beautiful on your skin and blends very well. The colour I have is Porcelain, I'm usually an Ivory in true match but this colour blends so well and matches my skin. You wouldn't even need a setting powder or bronzer, I generally use this and some mascara when I'm in a rush. It's also really good price. The only thing bad I have to say is the bottle isn't big enough. I'll definitely be stocking up for my lighter make up days.


Mini Moschino perfumes
My mam came back from her girly holiday in September with a set of Moschino perfumes. I love Moschino!. I didn't open them straight away as I had two bottles of perfume half full. Once I got into the middle of October I finished the two bottles and had nothing left, I was about to go out and buy a few more perfumes when I realised I had this unopened set. I go through perfume like a glass of water. Once it's opened it'll last about two weeks. It's now November and I've got four little perfumes left, there was a set of five. I finished one bottle and have dabbed with the rest. Each perfume smells amazing, the bottles are tiny though so I don't use them too often, focusing on body sprays more at the moment because I'm so low on perfume. I'm just in love with the set, it's more a travel set to me but the bottles are also perfect for your handbag. If I was using them like regular perfume I'd probably use one bottle in a day though. I recommend everyone at least try Moschino perfumes if you haven't yet! This set is a bit dear but it's a great stocking filler! Yes I am already thinking about Christmas!


I decided to keep it to just my top four picks of the month! Their all along the beauty lines this month, Next month I'll do the same and keep it to my top four picks! Can't wait to try all the new stuff coming my way this month, might have a few more goodies for you guys as well! *winks*

Stay Fab!
Melody x

4 comments:

  1. I was really tempted to try the L'Oréal Paris Nude Magique Eau De Teint foundation when it first came out. What is it like for coverage? :)

    anotherfashionfanatic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coverage wise it's great! I use one dollop on the back of my hand and blend into my skin, it works great with rimmel wake me up concealer! They blend so well together! It's great doll! x

      Delete
  2. Melody you are amazing!!! Keep doing what you do, so talented! Loved this post, inspired me to maybe do an October Fashion Favourites! Xxx


    Btw email me doll!

    ReplyDelete