What's Popular?

Friday 6 February 2015

Five thing's I'd tell 16 year old me!

Hello Lovelies! I thought I'd do something a little different for today, back away from the beauty, fashion, food. I've seen quite a few posts going around of what people would tell their teenage self and the most recent one I read was from my wonderful blogger friend Becca over at thatsobeckah!, I was inspired to do something similar so here you go!


You don't have to please everyone.
This is something I did a lot growing up, trying to be nice to everyone and help people out. I still do it till this day but I've learned to help those who help me and who are nice to me, but if I knew back then that not everyone will return the favour and to choose who you help, wisely, life would have been a lot less stressful. 

Wear what you want. 
I wasn't conservative with my clothing in my teenage years, but I was very particular about what I wore and felt weird wearing tracksuits outside the house. Now I don't mind what I wear outside, it doesn't matter who's staring at you, that maybe they envy your clothes and aren't laughing at those shoes and trouser combo. Something I wish teenage me learned earlier on. 

You don't need to wear Make Up everyday!
I was one of those teenagers who hated leaving the house without make up, in my teenage years I was lucky to not get many spots, but I think wearing make up everyday has made my skin prone to spots over the past two years. They've calmed down now as I don't wear make up everyday and even when I don't, I don't feel self conscious. 16 year old me, you need to rewind, take off the green eye shadow (what was I thinking), and embrace that clear skin!

Enjoy your freedom!
Yes school was hard on my brain, the long hours, the constant amount of work, homework every night and exams, but it was a lot easier then college. I find college more enjoyable, the learning, the people and it's something I want to do! School was really easy workload wise looking back now, and it was fun, but 16 year old me hated school because I think it's a natural reaction for all 16 year old's. 
Also enjoy the pocket money and constant stream of concerts, once you become a college student your grant isn't going to get you into one gig!

Boy's aren't everything.
Okay, as a teenager I wasn't that bothered if I had a boyfriend or not, and then when I hit 18 I was kind of feeling put out because it seemed all my friends were getting closer to relationships then me, but if there's one thing I learnt once I left them 16 year old teenage years behind and hit the older teenage years, is that yes, a boyfriend is nice, but sure it's not the end of the world. You'll find someone eventually, but until then work on yourself and the right person will come along when you least expect it! How cliché is that?

There you go, five things I would tell 16 year old me. Of course I can probably think of ten more things, but I'm not going to drag this out. Also I'm curious?...

What's one thing you'd tell 16 year old you? 
Comment below, I'd love to know!

Until next time..
Stay Fab!
-Melody x


2 comments:

  1. I'd definately tell the 16 year old me to wear whatever I wanted aswell! I really enjoy reading these type of posts. I love your little list. :)

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's a million doll! And yes! Wearing what you want is so much better then planning an outfit hours in advance and worrying about it! :)

      Delete