What's Popular?

Saturday 28 February 2015

My recent Skincare Essentials!

Hey guys! How is everyone on this dark and dreary Saturday?

If you're like me then you'll be blooming freezing!

 So on to the good stuff, I've just found two new skincare gems that I've fallen in love with and I think I've finally decided on what works for my skin and what doesn't, so in hope of inspiring some of you skincare guru's, like myself, into trying a new product or two I've done a quick Skincare Essentials post!

Also every product is under ten euro and super high-street affordable.

Body
Okay, Okay, I know it seems like I never stop talking about Cocoa Brown, and to be quite honest, I don't think I ever do. I mention this brand at least twice a day to somebody, but It honestly is one of my favourites!

Tough Stuff is my favourite product from the CB range! I use it two to three times a week in the shower even when I don't have tan on! It leaves my skin feeling fresh and I honestly don't know how I ever lived without it all those years.

Chocolate Whip, not only does is smell great but leaves your skin silky smooth and nourished after scrubbing away that old than and skin! I love chocolate and this body moisturiser not only looks like you're smearing nutella on your body, (Don't worry it dries clear) but it also smells like that fresh box of cadbury's chocolates that you've been saving up from Valentines Day. Okay, lets get real, nobody has saved that box of chocolates, but this moisturiser is amazing, it gives your skin a nice glow and penetrates deep within the layers giving you that silky soft feeling. It's great to use with your cocoa brown tan or even when you don't have your tan on to just give your body a nourishing layer after your body scrub!

Face

The Base
I'm a major Garnier fan, their entire range of products just makes my insides all fuzzy and warm, not only for the price but because they actually work! Best high street buy out there, for me at least.

I use Garnier Micellar cleansing water to remove my make up daily, but I also use it in the morning before I wash my face and just before I go to bed and moisturise. It's available from boots nationwide.

Garnier Fresh Clarifying Wash is one of my favourite face washes. Now I have a good few favourites but as of the past few months I've been running to this one just because of how fresh my skin feels. Most of my experiences with face washes have been negative as they are either too harsh or heavy on my skin, but this is all natural feeling, it's a thin clear layer on your skin and then you just massage till its nearly white and splash off with warm water. I use this straight after the Micellar water. My skin isn't that oily, so I didn't buy it for that purpose, I actually used it in a friends house last year and fell in love.

The Process
I'm a face mask junkie. I love nothing but a good face mask, an episode of gossip girl or a chick flick and some hot chocolate on a cold night, but recently I've fallen out of love with my trusty face masks.

Then when shopping with my lovely mother, she picked up this Simply Sensitive Deep Cleansing Face Mask. I was actually looking for a face mask during last week. So this is a new find for me, and I've only used it once, but it is seriously a new love and for the price it was I'm still shocked at how good it is.

I usually spend 20 euro plus on a face mask so for under a tenner, you can't go wrong. It's for sensitive skin and has different number of applications you should do just in case your skin is dry and de-hydrated. This mask not only de-clogs the pores but will moisturise too, so once your skin is back to normal you can up the face mask anti.

I highly recommend this as I had a break out recently, and with the combination of my over night gel, which I'll mention next, it disappeared over night. Not a spot in sight!

The Soothing Finish
Nivea Daily Essentials rich moisturising day cream is something I have been using for over a year now, roughly. It got rid of my dry skin all that time ago and it's been in my skincare drawer ever since. It's a great product, have SPF 15 also in it, which is great because even though it's Ireland and we don't get sun, those harmful rays shine through the clouds and still effect our skin.

I apply this straight after I use my clarifying face wash show above in the mornings and if I'm having a make up free day I'll top up in the late afternoon.

Now, Tea tree and witch hazel Night Treatment Gel, where do I begin. I found this gem, yes I'm giving away my mega love for this product already but it is a hidden gem within the aisle's of boots.

I was originally looking for a new night moisturiser and when I found the face mask I saw this product a few rows down, so I said hey, it's not that expensive so lets give it a go. Aren't I glad I tried this out! 

I used it straight after the face mask the other night and wow, wow, wow. I think this helped combat my break out majorly! It does say on the bottle it is a protective layer that penetrates the skin and helps protect over night. I have found a new love, the only problem with this product I have is the smell, but I mean, the ingredients are naturally smelly, so I can't really complain, especially for the price and effect it has had.

So that's it, my recent skincare buys, products, loves, mini explanation of my routine and all the stuff in between. I will give an update on my new loves, the face mask and night treatment gel in a few weeks time and see if my verdict is still the same as first impressions!

Watch out over the next week I'll have two vlogs and lots of posts!

Stay Fab!
-Melody x

YOUTUBE CHANNEL - TheBuenoBar
TWITTER - @MelodyAnnLouisa
FACEBOOK- N/A -Available March 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment