What's Popular?

Tuesday 10 February 2015

THE LIEBSTER AWARD!

Hello Lovelies! I've been nominated for The Liebster Award! Thank you to the wonderful Beckah! This is the forth award I've been nominated for in the past two months! So thank you to everyone!
So I'll keep this short and sweet and move onto the rules!




Rules

  • Thank the person that has nominated you
  • Answer the questions that the nominator has given you.
  • Nominate 11 other bloggers and link them.
  • Create 11 new questions!
  • Tell the nominates that you've nominated them!

If you want to know more about this award, just visit their site. 

Nominations: 
Lisa from Four Walls Rainy Days
Elle from Elleganze
Effi from EffiMai
Kristin from Pretty Loved
Cat from Mentally Beautiful 
Nicole from Nicolette
Rebecca from Blue Eyed Fashion 
Amy from Batwings and Lashes 
Rachel from rayraybabe
Abbie from kittnsintophats 
Immy from immyop

1) How has blogging affected your life?

Blogging has affected my life greatly! My blog is only about five months old now and so many great things have come from it. I've met some great people and have been invited to lots of great places and events! It's helped me focus through tough times as I love writing and sharing my thoughts!

2) which bloggers do you look up too?

I really love reading Cat's blog posts from Mentally Beautiful , she's such a lovely person and I love the view she takes on life! Everyone I nominated I read on a daily basis, checking for updates but there's also the bigger bloggers such as So Sue Me, since she's Irish, I admire her skill and how she blew up! I'm part of this Irish Blogger group and there's lots of experienced bloggers in that group, I think I look up to anyone who's honest and I connect with, which is the majority of blogs I read!

3) what is you’re favourite song at the moment?

My favourite song has got to be Nicki Minaj, All things go at the moment, her entire third album is amazing and on repeat atm! She is my idol because of her business mind, her attitude and how hard she works, lots of people think it's crazy to have her as an idol but I have my reasons and she is a powerful business woman! She knows how to run her stuff! 

4) If you could have any product what would it be?

At the moment I'm craving a new eye shadow palette! As I'm loving the W7 palette's I think my next one I want will definitely be in the night as I'm in love with the purple tones! 

5) what was your favourite thing to do as a child?
As a child I loved playing with my baby dolls, so my baby choo choo was my life. I 'fed her' everyday, changed her nappy like a real baby, and even sometimes in the middle of the night I'd wake up and have to check her in the cot. She never got a new name, but she was literally my child. I also loved my barbie dolls! I had roughly 200 Barbie's and ken, a beach hour, summer pool, giant barbie air plane, safari jeep and a nice roofless car and bits and bobs, I still love Barbie to this day!

6) If you could pick between WordPress or blogger which one would you pick?

Blogger, I find it easier to edit, customize and the layout is crisp and clear. I've tried wordpress but I'm more hands on when it comes to coding and graphics so blogger suits me more and I don't think I would ever switch over. 

7) What advice would you give to new bloggers?

I'm fairly new myself, but as I'm now getting into the swing of things, I could give advice on how to handle the first few months. I like planning posts and I find it easier once you have a brief Idea of what you're writing. There's nothing worse then sitting down to try and think of a blog post. I use to have days I would upload but I fell out of that habit quickly because of my schedule. I would also say, keep things simple design wise, nothing worse then trying to navigate through a rainbow blog!, Most importantly be yourself and honest, let your personality shine through your work, if you want to be chatty then be chatty, or if you life being more formal then do that, don't write for the people, write for yourself and what you want to put out there! 

8) what has been your favourite product that you've bought?

I swear buy my L'Oreal True Match foundation, and I will swear by it till this day. It was the best buy I ever made and I don't think I've regretted it ever. It has amazing coverage and everyone I recommended it to has loved it. 

9) Does you’re family know that you blog?

My family and friends all know that I blog, as it was originally linked with college, but I always wanted to set one up just never had the confidence too. My family are very supportive, always sharing and saying how proud they are of me! Sometimes I'm a little wary sharing things that I don't write for my blog but for other blogs and sites, just because of the content and I don't want to offend family members, but they all believe in me and my writing so there's been no problems! They're great!

10) Do you have a YouTube that runs along you’re blog?

I set one up awhile ago but I never used it, but there could be a possible youtube journey starting very soon for me, secrets will be revealed very soon!

11) Is this the first award you've been nominated for?

I've been nominated for The versatile blogger award and most recently I was nominated for two awards Best Beauty Blogger and Newcomer of the year at the 2015 Irish Beauty Blog Awards!  It's crazy because I never expected to be nominated for any awards and they seemed to all happen one after the other, but it's great, it gives you reassurance that your blog isn't just words on the Internet and people actually read it! So thank you to everyone who's nominated me for the awards! Hopefully I can find a way to pay you all back soon. 

Questions for my nominee's:
1) What's your favourite haircare product?
2) What's your dream job?
3) How did you decide on your blog url?
4) What's the one item of clothing you couldn't live without?
5) Who's your idol?
6) What's was your first album? 
7) What's your favourite band?
8) What's your favourite make up brands at the moment?
9) Do you have any fashion regrets from over the years?
10) If you had the chance to be invisible for a day or fly what would you choose?
11) What advice would you give young girls or boys looking to enter the blogging world?

Thank you once again and..
Stay Fab!
-Melody x


No comments:

Post a Comment